Our core aim is to promote town and village
open gardens events, so before you add your event, please determine if
it's suitable for inclusion here.
Please feel free to add:
- Town or village open gardens events comprising at least five good
gardens opening on the same date and in the same location and where
the proceeds support charities or local causes.
- Please do not add individual gardens - the task is too great for our
volunteer team. To understand our reasoning behind this, read
- Individual Gardens
Please do not add Individual NGS gardens that appear on the NGS website
or in the Yellow Book. However, we do welcome independent village-wide
open garden events which include some NGS gardens.
- Group Gardens
We can accept NGS events where at least 5 gardens are open in the same
town/village and on the same date. To support our costs, you will need
to make a donation - the greater of £5.00 or one adult admission
ticket. Please contact us at Open
Gardens before adding your event.
Stately Homes and Country Houses
- We cannot feature stately home or country house gardens that open
for charity, unless they are taking part in a town or village open gardens
Multiple Event Organisers / Remote Organisers
- If you organise multiple open garden events which support the same charitable
cause, or if you are a remote organiser, you are welcome to add your event(s) to this website. An example of a remote organiser is a hospice which organises an event in order to raise funds for their organisation. We feel that it
is only fair to ask you to support our overheads by making a donation
for each of your events that we list. We suggest as a minimum the equivalent
of one entry fee per event.
Your open gardens event needs to:
- be a town or village event rather than an
- comprise five or more gardens that are in
the same village/town and open on the same date.
- have as its main focus gardens that will
- include a clear statement that proceeds from admission, plant sales
etc, go to charities or local good causes.
If your event doesn't meet these requirements, then
it probably isn't suitable for inclusion here, but if you're in any doubt,
just contact us at Open Gardens and we'll do
what we can to advise.
Please remember ...
We are an open gardens website,
not a general events website.