We have to be sensible about the kind of event that we post on this site. Not all garden and plant-related events can be listed on this site - the task is too big.
Our core aim is to promote town and village open gardens events, so before you add your event, please determine if it's suitable for inclusion here.
Please feel free to add:
- Town or village open gardens events supporting charities or local causes.
- Town or village open gardens events supporting NGS charities.
- Small groups of gardens opening on the same day where the admission money supports charities or local causes.
Please do not add:
- Individual gardens.
- Village fetes, galas, May Days etc unless the main part is an open gardens event.
- Flower shows or plant sales unless part of an open gardens event
- Commercial gardens or nurseries unless supporting a specific open garden event for charity.
- Plant Society events unless supporting a specific open garden event
- Stately homes, National Trust properties etc unless supporting a specific open garden event for charity.
- Gardens where the proceeds of the event do not go to charity or local causes.
- Scarecrow Festivals where there are no open gardens.
- Please do not add NGS gardens - your garden will already appear on
the NGS website and also in the Yellow Book. However, we do welcome groups of gardens (four or more) or village-wide open gardens where the proceeds go to NGS charities.
- Please do not add individual gardens - we are looking at ways in which we may be able to support these individual events, but at the moment the task is too great for our volunteer team. To understand our reasoning behind this, please read this information.
Your open gardens event needs to:
- be a town or village event rather than an individual garden.
- have as its main focus gardens that will interest visitors.
- include a clear statement that proceeds from admission, plant sales etc, go to charities or local good causes.
If your event doesn't meet these requirements, then it probably isn't suitable for inclusion here, but if you're in any doubt, just contact us at Open Gardens and we'll do what we can to advise.
Please remember ...
We are an open gardens website, not a general events website.